Victor Valdes believes David de Gea is the best goalkeeper in the world and admits it will be difficult to dislodge him from Manchester United’s starting line-up.
Former Barcelona keeper Valdes completed his move to United on Thursday after he signed an initial 18-month deal.
Valdes spent the majority of his 12-year spell at Barcelona as the first-choice stopper but he is set to be behind his Spanish compatriot De Gea in the Old Trafford pecking order.
"I think now, in the moment, (De Gea) is the best goalkeeper in the world," Valdes told MUTV.
"His performances every day and in every game show everybody that his level is very high. He has had a great year.”
Valdes insists he is a team player and is therefore happy to be De Gea’s deputy.
"I am here to help everybody," he added.
"Always in my career, I have played to help my team-mates, to help my coach and to help everybody. I am a part of the team and I am not a problem, I am just a part of the team."